May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine to give we read-a-holic bloggers some real estate to devote to books we're pining away for. This week, it's a Julie Kagawa two-fer.

The Iron Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1)
By:  Julie Kagawa
Due Out:  October 23, 2012

I am SO excited for this book!! The Iron Fey series is one of my favorite, so I was so happy when I read that we had not seen the end of the Nevernever after all. The Iron Prince takes place 13 years or so after the conclusion of The Iron Knight and follows Meghan's brother, Ethan. I don't know how or why or where, and, frankly, I don't care. All I care about is that there's a possibility that Ash might show up at some point. Yay!

The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey #1.5, #3.5, #4.5)
By:  Julie Kagawa
Due Out:  August 28, 2012

The Iron Legends is a collection of the short stories that fit in between the Iron Fey books, all combined under one cover. It includes Winter's Passage (#1.5), Summer's Crossing (#3.5), and the never-before-seen Iron's Prophecy (#4.5). I've already read Winter's Passage and Summer's Crossing. I always thought after closing the book (literally) on The Iron Knight that I had read the last word in Ash and Meghan's story. Imagine my delight when I heard of this new collection of the Iron Fey short stories - that it includes a new one that takes place after the conclusion of the final book. Even though I own the other two stories for my Kindle already, I won't hesitate to purchase The Iron Legends the day it publishes.

No comments: