February 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Top Ten Authors on My Auto-Buy List

1. Richelle Mead - The Vampire Academy series was the first YA series I read after Harry Potter, and it absolutely captivated me. Rose and Dimitri's story was just what I needed to chase away my post-Hogwarts blues. And, since then, I've become big fans of the spin-off Bloodlines series. Richelle Mead's newest series, Age of X, starts this summer with Gameboard of the Gods. It will undoubtedly be on my bookshelf as soon as it is released.

2. Julie Kagawa - I believe I've read everything Julie Kagawa has published. I've read every book in the Iron Fey series, including novellas and free shorts. I've read the first in her spin-off series Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten. And, the first in her newest Blood of Eden series was one of my favorites in 2012. I've loved all of them.

3. Amy Plum - Amy Plum has published only three books, all in her Revenants series, and I've rated every one of them 5 stars. If she writes a new series, I'll read it, without question.

4. Chloe Neill - Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampires series is my favorite urban fantasy series. I've read them all (a few of them, I've read several times), and the rest of the books in the series are some of my most eagerly anticipated ones of 2013. I've recently acquired her Dark Elite series, and I can't wait to dive into it.

5. Jennifer L. Armentrout - Jennifer L. Armentrout is the Book Boyfriend Queen. Between Daemon Black in the Lux series, Aiden St. Delphi in the Covenant series and the Gamble Brothers in her Gamble Brothers series, I can't decide who is the most dreamy. She sure knows how to create unforgettable heroes and heroines. Her first NA book is coming out on March 4 - Wait For You. I can't wait to read it!

6. Tahereh Mafi - Shatter Me was unbelievable. I've never encountered that style of writing before, but I was an immediate uber-fan. It was incredibly captivating and intriguing. And, her books have elicited such strong emotion. I think I will read anything this talented woman writes.

7. J.R. Ward - J.R. Ward created the Black Dagger Brotherhood. That's enough for me. I've read them all, and I've recently started her Fallen Angels series. Ward writes some seriously amazing guys.

8. Cinda Williams Chima - I read Chima's Heir Chronicles series two years ago, and I thought it was so unique. Although I wasn't a big fan of high fantasy, I gave her Seven Realms series a try, and found it was one of the most amazingly epic series I've ever read. She will now be continuing the Heir Chronicles series with a few more books, and I'll definitely be along for the ride.

9. Patricia Briggs - Briggs created the Mercy Thompson series and the spin-off Alpha and Omega series, both of which are favorites of mine in the UF genre. Mercy, Adam and the pack members almost feel like members of my own family at this point. I can't wait to see where they go next.

10. Cassandra Clare - I started with Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices series. Clockwork Angel fascinated me so much so that it spurred me to start her Mortal Instruments series right away. City of Bones had been out for years before I picked it up. I'm not sure why I waited so long. I was so captivated from page one. The final installments in both series are due out within a year's time, as is the large screen adaptation of City of Bones. And, you know I'll be pre-buying both the books and the movie tickets.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've got some brilliant authors on your auto-buy list. Julie Kagawa and Patricia Briggs made it on to my auto-buy list too. Amy Plum, Richelle Mead, and Chloe Neill are awesome too!

Susan said...

I've only read one of the authors on your list, but I do love me some Cassandra Clare. TMI just TOTALLY sucked me in. I'll read anything Clare writes!

LisaILJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LisaILJ said...

I almost put Tahereh Mafi on my list she was so close! And clearly I need to read some Patricia Briggs, because her name keeps popping up today.

Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (1)
LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

The Brunette Librarian said...

Ooooo, I should have put J.R. Ward on my list too! Are you excited for Blay and Qhuinn next month????

Top Ten Tuesday @ The Brunette Librarian

Unknown said...

OMG - I am SO excited!!

Unknown said...

I love Briggs' Mercy Thompson series - it's one of my favorites!

Unknown said...

Aren't you dying to read Clockwork Princess?!

Unknown said...

My - we have great taste, don't we? :)