March 8, 2013

BEA Newb Notes: Books I Need to Read

I'm headed to BEA 2013!


I've got my registration confirmation and my hotel room. So, now what?? This will be my first time there, and I always approach new experiences the same way - research, research and more research. And, the more research I do about this amazing event, the more overwhelmed I feel. So, I plan to break down my schizo thoughts in an attempt to:

A.  Get organized
B.  Gather comments from seasoned BEA professionals

So, today, I want to talk about books that I NEED to read before I leave.

Books To Read Before I Leave for NYC

1. The Mark of Athena, by Rick Riordan - I'm signed up to attend the Children's Author Breakfast on Friday morning, at which I will hear Rick Riordan speak. I'm so excited for this event because I LOVE Rick Riordan. I've read all his Percy Jackson and the Olympians books. I've read all his Kane Chronicles books. And I've read all his Heroes of Olympus books. Except the most recently released one. I even own it - it's been sitting on my bookshelf since November. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

2. Down To You, by M. Leighton - I just found out last week that M. Leighton will be at BEA. I've been meaning to read one of her books since I started reading more New Adult. And, I keep hearing about her Bad Boys series and how good it is. I feel like I need to see for myself.

3. Ten, by Gretchen McNeil - Gretchen McNeil will be at BEA signing copies of her new book 3:59. I have never read anything by her, but I have a copy of Ten that I haven't gotten to yet. I've heard good things, so I look forward to catching up.

4. The Goddess Inheritance, by Aimee Carter - Although it hasn't been confirmed yet, there seems to be a strong feeling that Aimee Carter will be attending. I've read The Goddess Test and Goddess Interrupted and loved them both. I'm a sucker for anything related to Greek mythology. I'm dying to see how Kate and Henry's story ends, and The Goddess Inheritance just came out last week.




I'm sure this list will continue to grow as I learn of more authors that will be attending. Have you read any of these books? Which books are on your TBR-Before-Leaving -For-NYC list?

No comments: