March 6, 2013

DEEP THOUGHTS: An Expensive Month

How do you manage things when you have a long list of books you want to buy and no patience to wait until the library gets them in a month or two from now? Do you have a monthly book budget? If so, how do you prioritize?

Here's an even crazier question - have you seen the list of March releases??


I give myself a rough book budget of $50 per month, and that needs to cover any giveaways I do too. Some months it's not hard to stick to that limit. Others, like this month, are much more difficult. So, that is when prioritizing your purchases becomes very important. March is going to be a crazy month for books for me. There are so many that I want!

In order to stick as close to my budget as I can, this month, I intend to only buy books that are a continuation of series I've already started.


March 5:  Requiem (Delirium #3) - Honestly, I may not buy this one. I'm really nervous about how the love triangle will be resolved.

March 5:  The Prince (The Selection #0.5) - I LOVED Maxon in The Selection. I just want more of him while I wait for The Elite to come out next month.

March 5:  Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson #7) - Mercy Thompson was the first urban fantasy series that I fell in love with. I'm so excited to see what happens next.

March 19:  Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices #3) - We have all been waiting for the conclusion to this amazing series for well over a year now. My copy is already pre-ordered.

March 26:  Twice Tempted (Night Prince #2) - Vlad stole my heart in Once Burned. I'm excited to see him again.

March 26:  Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood #11) - This is the one I'm most excited for this month. I absolutely love this series and I can't wait to see what's next!

So, how about you? Do you have a book budget to stick to? How do you decide which books to buy?

2 comments:

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

I'll be honest, I vary rarely buy books. I usually have so many book on my review list and books that I already own that I've not read that I find my library list more alarming since the library only allows so many books out at once and I always seem to exceed that limit. But then again, it also helps that not only do I not have the room for books but I don't have the allotment of weight either. (The Mr's in the military and they will only move so many lbs of our stuff. LoL) I find that if I can be quick to the draw with requesting a new book at the library, I don't have to wait that long to get it.

Krista said...

That's the crazy thing, isn't it Kristin? I have TONS of books on my Kindle and on my bookshelf at home that I own and haven't read. Yet, I never have trouble coming up with a list of books that I need to buy! It's a sickness, I tell you.

I also belong to two counties' library systems, so as to maximize the selection available to me. I ALWAYS have at least one book out - usually more than that. My libraries do seem to take awhile, though, to get the new ones in.