February 19, 2018

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW: Wanderlust


Wanderlust, by Lauren Blakely
Publish Date:
February 6, 2018
Publisher: Audible Studios
Format: e-ARC, provided by the author and Inkslinger PR
Genre: adult contemporary romance
To Buy: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Rating: 5 STARS


(Synopsis) The first time I met him, his sexy British accent almost talked me into giving him my number on the spot. The second time, he nearly charmed the panties off me with his wit. Then I learned he's the key to success in my new job in Paris. The man who tempts me into fling-worthy dirty daydreams has turned out to be my personal translator, and his accent is the hottest thing I've ever heard.


My mantra is simple -- Don't mix business with pleasure. I do my best to resist him as he teaches me how to converse with my co-workers, navigate the metro and order the perfect bottle of wine at dinner. But I also figure out how to tell the charming and clever man what I most want to say -- that I want him to take me back to his flat -- tonight.

Except there's a catch...


***

One more assignment before I take off on my big adventure...


And it involves the toughest work ever -- resisting the fetching American woman I spend all my days with. But you know what they say about best intentions. Soon, we're spending our nights tangled together, and I don’t want to let her go. The trouble is, my wanderlust is calling to me, and before we know it I'll be traveling the globe to fulfill a promise I made long ago.


What could possibly go wrong with falling in love in Paris? Nothing...unless one of you is leaving.

Wanderlust has only been available in audio these last two weeks (the paperback releases tomorrow!), and for that, I'm so glad. It forced me to experience the magic that is this book as told by two perfectly chosen narrators, and I think that made me fall in love with this book just a little bit more. 

Wanderlust is about an American woman and a British man that meet in Paris and fall in love - at precisely the worst time in both of their lives. For him, Griffin is only in the city for another three months before he leaves for a world trek. For her, Joy has just gotten out of a toxic relationship and is looking to assert her independence at her new job in Paris. Neither of them are looking for a new relationship, but listening to them try to resist each other was so much fun.

Both these characters are fantastic. There's nothing not to love about them. Joy is quirky and independent and brave. I loved that she took the job in Paris because it's a city she always wanted to visit. She doesn't speak the language, but she doesn't let that stand in her way. And what a fun job she has! She gets to mix scents to make perfumes and body lotions that smell yummy. It sounds like the best use of an organic chemistry degree. 

Griffin is fluent in French and works as a translator - Joy's translator, to be exact. How they met was hilarious and it truly set the stage for how magical their connection was. Since Joy is his assignment, and he's leaving Paris to travel the world and fulfill his late brother's last wishes, Griffin tries so hard to resist Joy's charm. And Joy tries so hard to resist Griffin's sweetness. As a result, you get this crazy awesome tension that keeps building and building for what seems like forever. 

When it bursts, it's so perfect. These two are such a great couple. You will adore Griffin and how he thinks about Joy. But, the road block continues to be his brother's bucket list that threatens to take Griffin away from the little love nest these two make in the City of Lights. 

The audio version of this book is wonderful. Richard Armitage voices Griffin, and I just don't think they could've chosen anyone better. His accent is yummy, and his delivery is spot-on. Grace Grant narrated Joy's chapters, and she really captured the sweet quirkiness that Joy embodies. If you've been on the fence about trying a romance audio book, please give this one a try. I'm sure it will sway you to the YAY side. 

There's plenty of humor and sexiness in Wanderlust. It's also incredibly romantic. I loved it so much. 

1 comment:

Jason Bennett said...

Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542